So, you just ran the Full, Half or Relay Mercedes. CONGRATULATIONS!! You did an outstanding job and you deserve ALL of the treats and goodies available! Birmingham has a wonderful, delicious and diverse food scene and all of these local restaurants are a short walk or drive away from the venue:
1. You’ve burned at least 1000 calories and now you need some fuel. Jim ‘N Nicks Bar-B-Q is available at the Boutwell Auditorium after your run. Finishers have a meal ticket at the bottom of your bib and guests and family eat for $10.00
2. Would you prefer some vegetarian options? The Purple Onion is minutes away from downtown and you should try their famous veggie burger.
3. The Fish Market is a Birmingham landmark and is now open on Sundays for all of your seafood needs.
4. Makarios Kabob and Grill‘s famous lentil soup and outstanding salads.
5. Dreamland BBQ, original and unique.
6. Post Office Pies where New York style pizza is served.
7. Eagle’s Restuarant, which serves traditional soul food and the best cornbread I’ve ever had.
8. Trattoria Centrale (locally known as ZasZas) has a great Sunday Brunch and infamous grits.
9. Saw’s Soul Kitchen where EVERYTHING is delicious.
10. Wasabi Juan home of the sushi burrito.
11. Silvertron Cafe where brunch, lunch or dinner is the right choice.
12. Saturn – where Cereal bar + Baking Bandits = perfection.
13 .PhoPho which offers Vietnamese and sushi.
14. T-Bones Where Philly meets the Ham.
14. Black Market Bar and Grill – beer, burgers and trivia.
Choose one or several and get ready to delight your taste buds with the joy of excellent food. I’ts Valentines Day so #TreatYoSelf with food I know your’re going to love!